The Mobile Food Initiative, one of Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes most recent programs, is already making an impact for many in this community.
The goal of this program is to get additional supplies of grocery assistance into the hands of people who need it within Kalamazoo County. Food is distributed on a first come first served basis. As with most other Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes’ programs, there are no eligibility requirements or paperwork to fill out. Food is free to local residents.
As a partnership with the Food Bank of South Central Michigan, the MFI distributes various perishable and non-perishable food items, including fresh fruits and vegetables, at specific sites throughout the county. Specific food items vary among dates and locations based on the availability of USDA product.
This is a year-round program that distributes food at seven different sites each month, including:
- Saint Andrew Community Church, 3631 Covington Rd., every 4th Saturday at 9 a.m.
- Vicksburg United Methodist Church, 217 South Main St., every 3rd Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
- Kalamazoo Community Church, 2435 North 26th St., every 3rd Saturday at 9 a.m.
- The Salvation Army, 1700 S. Burdick St., every 4th Wednesday at 2 p.m.
- Douglass Community Association, 1000 W. Paterson Ave., every 3rd Wednesday at noon
- Eastside Neighborhood Association, 1301 E. Main St., every Tuesday at noon through September.
- Haven Church, 5350 N. Sprinkle Rd., 1st and 3rd Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.
To see all the dates and locations of upcoming Mobile Food Initiatives, click HERE.
For more information about dates and times, please call our NEED FOOD line: 269-343-3663