How to get food from Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes:
1. Grocery Pantry Program: Shop for groceries at one of Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes’ 26 pantry sites located throughout Kalamazoo County. Because every pantry is open at different days and times, appointments are necessary and scheduled daily through our call-center at 343-FOOD (3663). Anyone is eligible for a four-day food order once every 30 days. If additional food is needed, please seek a referral from your caseworker.
2. Mobile Food Initiative: Bulk food is distributed at different locations throughout the month. No need to call ahead – food is available on a first come first served basis. Click HERE for more information and to view dates, times, and locations of distribution sites.
3. Commodity Supplemental Food Program: Primarily for people age 60 years and older, this federal program provides food resources once a month based on income guidelines. Some mothers who do not receive WIC may also be eligible. Click HERE for more information on how to sign up for this program.
4. Weekend Food Pack Program: Through a partnership with Communities in Schools of Kalamazoo, participating schoolchildren receive a food pack to take home at the end of each week. If your child’s school has a KCIS representative, speak with them about eligibility details.
5. Meal Support Program: Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes distributes food to other institutions that provide prepared meals, including Ministry with Community and the YWCA Domestic Assault Shelter.
6. Food Assistance Outreach Program: Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes can help you apply online for food stamps. We’ll help you send your required documentation electronically. Office hours are available at 901 Portage St. on Wednesdays from 10 am – 1 pm. Call 366-7236 for more information.
NOTE: You can utilize as many KLF programs as you are eligible for.
Other Community Resources:
If pantry capacity has been reached on the day you need service, you may seek meals through other local agencies:
- Ministry with Community, 440 N. Church St.: Open for breakfast (from 8 – 9 am) and lunch (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm) daily. Click HERE for more.
- Kalamazoo Gospel Mission, 448 N. Burdick St.: Open for breakfast (7 am), lunch (12:30 pm daily or 1 pm Sundays), and dinner (6 pm daily). Click HERE for more.
- Gryphon Place, 3245 S. 8th St.: Call with questions about attaining other basic needs (housing, utility help, clothing, etc.). Dial 2-1-1 or click HERE for more.