Need food? Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes offers free food assistance to anyone in need in Kalamazoo County. We strive to make our programs as accessible and convenient to you as possible. To receive food assistance through our largest effort, the Grocery Pantry Program, follow these instructions or call us at 343-3663 with questions.
- Call our “Need Food” line at (269) 343-3663 on weekdays, as close to 9 am as possible. Due to demand, our pantry capacity fills up quickly.
- One of our call-center volunteers or staff members will answer your call and ask you some basic information including date of birth and address.
- We will schedule an appointment for you the same day you call at one of our 26 grocery pantry sites throughout the County.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked to show identification, which can include a drivers license, library card, piece of mail, etc.
- You will receive four days worth of food for everyone in your household.
If you aren’t able to access this program, or are in need of more food, consider using our Mobile Food Initiative. Here’s how:
- Read our Mobile Food Initiative flier for dates, times and locations of food distributions here:
MOBILE FOOD INITIATIVE FLIER.
- Select the site you want to visit. You do not need to call ahead or make an appointment. You can visit as many sites as you need.
- Bring your own bags or boxes to transport your food. Items are available on a first-come first-served basis, so arrive as early as you can.