Would you or your group or organization like to hold a food drive? Read our Food and Fund Drive Kit for reference.
1. Organize your food drive by:
- Select a place and establishing a date
- Create a leadership or organizing committee to help with the details
- Contact Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes to let us know that you’re collecting food for hungry people (click HERE for a Food Barrel Request Form)
2. Promote your food drive by:
- Publicize your event: hand out flyers, make posters, contact the media (call KLF and we’ll post your food drive on our web site)
- Raise awareness about hunger in our community (see the “education” link for more information)
3. Collect your food:
- Gather your donations by choosing a central location for drop off
- Need a generic food drive collection flyer? Click here to download one
- Contact KLF if you need boxes for smaller drives or crates for larger collections (NOTICE: KLF currently cannot distribute any food collection barrels for community use until April)
4. Deliver your food:
- Bing your collected donations to our warehouse between the hours of 8 am and 3:30 pm
- Pick-ups can be arranged for larger donations (300 lbs.+). KLF operates with a minimal staff and tries to conserve our resources – including gasoline in our trucks – so please be mindful of the 300 lbs.+ pick-up requirement.
5. Thank those who were involved with your food drive:
- Celebrate your success with your team or organization
- Acknowledge and thank your contributors
- Report your results via a web site or meeting
For fun, unique tips on how to get kids involved, click HERE.
If you have additional food drive questions please call our Warehouse Director, Marvin King, at 488-2617 ext. 224