Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator – Full Time
Reports To: Resource Development Director (RD Director)
Summary Description: Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the organization’s communications & marketing initiatives.
- Works with RD Director to develop, evaluate, & implement annual marketing plan.
- Designs & coordinates production & delivery of the organization’s regular multi-media communications including newsletter, press releases, brochures, annual report & fliers.
- Maintains/manages website content & social media communications (including Facebook & Twitter) with timely & relevant content. Updates according to regional, organizational, & seasonal changes in messaging.
- Coordinates outreach & public relations events such as information booths & media events.
- Assists RD Director with annual fundraising initiatives including events & direct mailings.
- Supports RD Director & Executive Director by maintaining up-to-date talking points & presentations. Schedule & assist with speaking engagements.
- Ensures consistent messaging & branding throughout the organization & with partners.
- Provides marketing & communications support for all other KLF departments.
- Assists Advocacy team with campaigns & messaging, & delivers messages via organizational modes of communication (ex: e-blast, newsletter, Twitter, FB, & Website). Stays knowledgeable on food security/insecurity & other related advocacy issues.
- Utilizes donor database for correspondence & e-blasts.
- Works with multiple stakeholders to craft messages for different audiences on a variety of platforms.
- Works as a part of the Resource Development Team to promote achievement of the strategic plan.
- Coordinate the production of regular organizational communications.
- Marketing & Public Relations Events/Outreach.
- Work as an active/engaged member of the Resource Development/Public Relations team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with significant relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe products (InDesign & Photoshop), Microsoft Office (Excel, Publisher, Word & PowerPoint), & Word Press.
- Knowledge & experience in marketing or similar field.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately understand & follow written & oral instructions.
- Ability to operate office equipment (copier/fax/scanner) & camera for publicity.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a diverse volunteer & client population.
Please send cover letter & resume to Mary-Elizabeth Bell, email@example.com
or mail/drop off at 901 Portage Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Deadline September 18, 2015, at 5 pm