Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes is a registered 501(c)(3) organization and the largest provider of emergency food to hungry people in Kalamazoo County.
We provide food in five primary ways:
- Through the distribution of groceries at pantry sites throughout Kalamazoo County as part of the Grocery Pantry Program. All of our pantries are run by community volunteers.
- Through our Mobile Food Initiative – whereby people have access to miscellaneous bulk food items numerous times each month. No pre-registration is required.
- Through the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), a federal program that provides food to senior citizens, as well as mothers and their children (6 and under) who don’t receive WIC benefits.
- Through the distribution of food to local community agencies as part of the Meal Support Program. The YWCA and Ministry with Community meal programs are examples of this work.
- Through the Weekend Food Pack Program, which provides weekend food resources to local children who receive free or reduced price lunch at school.
No person is excluded from agency services, employment or volunteer participation because of ethnicity, race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic circumstance, veteran status, physical and/or mental abilities/characteristics, philosophy/religion, or for any other discriminatory reason.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes is committed to equal employment opportunity and to promoting diversity in its broadest definition. Equal employment opportunity means compliance with state and federal regulations as well as following those practices which promote diversity and fairness of employment opportunity. Fair employment practices means that all employees shall have access to the various benefits and aspects of employment such as hiring, promotion, compensation, and training. It is the policy of Loaves and Fishes that all employees and applicants for employment share fairly in these benefits and aspects of employment. Each supervisor is responsible for the effective implementation of this equal employment opportunity policy on behalf of employees and applicants for employment within his or her area of responsibility. Further, our commitment to equal employment opportunity requires the understanding and active support of all Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes employees.